Grilled Venison Steaks
Here is a great recipe for all that venison you’ve got in the freezer! The perfect meal for the grille this weekend!
- ¼ cup worcestershire
- 3 tbsp red wine of choice
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 to 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 venison steaks (6oz. to 8oz. back strap steaks)
- Whisk worcestershire sauce, wine, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, onion, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, salt, thyme, black pepper, garlic, and Tabasco sauce together in a bowl; pour into a re-sealable plastic bag. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grates.
- Remove venison from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Sear steaks 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- For medium rare to medium cooked steaks, cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey. Should take 5 minutes per side after seared. Meat thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F.